Friday, April 25, 2014

The Massive Oaks of Costa Rica

Wow.

Just, wow.  I am ambivalent about Eco-tourism.  I get the idea of creating economic value for ecosystems as ecosystems and not as natural resources/commodities.  It might, in the end, be the only way to conserve them within the economic realities of the world.  But I have a problem with consuming fossil fuels to go see natural wonders which are threatened/damaged by the consumption of fossil fuels.

But man, I'd love to go to Costa Rica and see these trees.

Scroll down.  Either that's a REALLY big acorn or the dude has a really small hand.

Thanks Lucas!

Have a great weekend everyone.


2 comments:

  1. http://oaks.of.the.world.free.fr/quercus_costaricensis.htm

    Quercus costaricensis

    encino, roble encino;

    acorn subglobose 2-3 cm across; coffee-coloured; solitary, on a stout peduncle 0.5-1 cm long; cup covering only base of nut; maturing in 1 year;

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loan offer at 2% rate is very interesting in which I found Pedro loan offer a genuine and fast loan process ever because ever since I Applied for a loan form Pedro and his loan company in new York I have been able to manage my business and settle other financial needs, Pedro and his loan company offer me a loan on a rate of 2% of 2 millions Euro for my start up business and I'm so proud to announce that Pedro loan offer is a best place to acquire for any kind of loans.

    Contact Pedro mail: pedroloanss@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete