Monday, April 4, 2011

It's a bit embarrassing...

... when your entire professional career is devoted to marketing tree tubes for protecting seedling trees, only to realize that after removing the tree tubes in order to photograph 3 English oaks last fall, I forgot to replace them before winter set in... and found out yesterday that over the winter rabbits had chewed two of them off completely and nipped the terminal bud of the third.

Good grief. Thank goodness my customers are a lot smarter than I am.

They should resprout from a lower bud or a "dormant bud" in the bark, or from the roots. 

I am in high level negotiations (with my daughter) to use half of "her" garden space for a mini oak nursery this spring.  Of course I own the garden.  And of course I have no chance of winning those negotiations.

No comments:

Post a Comment